A complete technical documentation of the WebStore database model, services and implementation sample is currently in the process of being written. This documentation will be available shortly.
Technology at a Glance
Easily create elaborate e-commerce stores with the set of web services featured in Yourcegid Retail WebStore.
Build your application with your preferred technology: ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Java or PHP websites. Build multi-device applications for PC tablets, iPhone, Windows Phone, and Android Phones.
Why choose Yourcegid Retail WebStore ?
From a technological point of view, we believe that the adoption of WebStore comes from:
- Free - open-source Open Edition
- Based on standard Microsoft technologies
- Low TCO and low license requirements (SQL Server Express, etc.)
- .NET 4.5 and other recent and innovative technologies (WCF, NuGet, OData, etc.)
- Small set of powerful and fast methods that accelerate development and reduce the learning curve
- Scalable architecture built for medium to large ambitious e-commerce websites
- Front-office technology agnostic approach
- Extensible and open framework approach
Yourcegid Retail WebStore Services layer gives access to the e-commerce catalogs, categories and products, as well as shopping cart, inventories, orders and so on. WebStore web services are accessible from any HTTP client: ASP.NET, PHP or Java websites, smartphones (iPhone IOS, Android, etc.) or tablets.
You can easily access these services using :
- WCF for the interactions with Magelia Core
- ODATA (Open Data Protocol). OData relies on HTTP, Atom Publishing Protocol (AtomPub) and JSON.
ODATA is a web protocol created for querying and updating data and sharing it easily with other systems. This new standard protocol eases the creation and access of lists of products included in a catalog or category, detailed descriptions of products and so on.
Yourcegid Retail WebStore includes several Application Tiers: services, administration console (back-office) and a scheduler.
Designed for scalability, Yourcegid Retail WebStore Application Tiers can be distributed on several servers. An application tier can also be hosted on various servers.
Yourcegid Retail WebStore relies on Microsoft SQL Server Database and is compatible with SQL Express 2005 or above.
WebStore's technical architecture integrates an easy extensibility framework. The future modular architecture will dynamically allow overrides for WorkerComponent behavior by uploading modules. For instance, if the standard behavior for tax calculation does not meet your requirements, you will be able to override the standard worker component by implementing your own rules.
Yourcegid Retail WebStore is built around core software and application tiers that rely on this core software.
Application Tiers include:
- Administration panel
- Services layer
- Scalability: Application tiers can be distributed on servers for scalability
- Database: The core software relies on SQL Server database (SQL express 2005 or above)
- Website, phone and tablet applications or websites: Magelia provides a technical architecture that publishes services accessibled by any HTTP client such as ASP.NET, PHP or Java websites and smartphone interfaces (iPhone IOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc.)
- Third party .NET software integration: Integration is easy with other third party software compliant with the membership provider. Yourcegid Retail WebStore offers a membership provider that uses the web service implementation.
- Extensibility: the technical architecture is designed to be easily extended using component overriding.
Technology and Technical Requirements
- .NET 4.5
- SQL Server Express 2012 or above
System requirements may vary depending on project's scope and traffic.
We recommend at least 8 GB RAM and a Multi-core Intel XEON processor or equivalent a SSD harddrive for better performance
WebStore is built on recent and scalable .NET technologies and is easily extendable:
- .NET 4.5
- Entity Framework 6
- OData (Open Data Protocol)